Madrid, Porto, Cambridge and/or Remote
At this moment, we don't have any open job vacancies, but we’re always looking for people who are passionate about using their creativity and skills to make a difference in people’s lives, the environment and help make the world a better place.
We’re excited to grow our team with curious, empathetic and honest people with whom we can learn and develop professionally and personally together.
If after reading the description below, you like our culture and believe you have what it takes to join Vizzuality, please send us your application so we can add you to our talent pool.
Things you should include and consider in your application:
- Send us your CV and Cover Letter, explaining why you would like to work with us and what you can bring to the team.
- Please include any samples of your work/projects you find relevant to the offer.
- Fluent English is really important to us, so if it’s not your first language please demonstrate your abilities in your CV and Cover Letter
- Having a legal permit to work in Spain/Portugal/UK is mandatory and required, so make sure to state and confirm you are eligible to work in one of our offices. You’re free to join any of our offices in Madrid (Spain), Porto (Portugal) and Cambridge (UK), and we also support remote-workers that live and are eligible to work in any of the countries where we have operations. In other words, even if you match all requirements for the role and have the best skills, if you don't have the legal permit to work in one of our offices, we won't be able to include you in the recruitment process.
Will I be hearing back from Vizzuality any time soon?
As mentioned above, at this moment we don’t have any open job vacancies but we will make sure to keep your details in our talent pool for the future. In case we have a job opening for which you would be a good match, we will notify you so we can agree on a time to get to know each other.
We thank you once again for choosing Vizzuality as your employer of choice. That means a lot to us!
"All Roles" Spontaneous Application: Science, Data, Design, User Researcher, Project Managers
Would you like to be part of Vizzuality’s story?
Vizzuality’s purpose is to reach a fair and sustainable planet by creating tools that radically empower people to make positive changes now.
We are a world-leading technology agency based in Madrid, Cambridge, and Porto. We design and develop data-driven tools and applications for international organizations who focus on Climate Change, Biodiversity and Inequality.
Solving such large and complex problems will bring you into contact with new technology and some of the world’s most interesting organisations and academics in machine learning, remote sensing, and planetary data. You’ll be working on projects like these:
Our Culture “This is how we do things here”
Our aim is to help the world become a better place, therefore we need to make sure we care about our people and empower them to build great things. These are some of the things that defines our culture:
- Our team structure relies on self-organisation.
- We want to work with colleagues who don't have to look ‘up’ for approval, nor look ‘down’ and give instruction.
- As soon as you put a foot inside, we will provide you with the best tools and technology, and then will trust you to do great things.
- For ourselves, our colleagues, the organisation.
- We are driven to change the world for good and that's embedded in everything we do.
- As we are always embarking on new projects and challenges, a continuous learning mindset and a “Can Do” attitude is a must
- We are conscientious, we focus on learning and achieving our goals
- We empower people to make decisions, to plot their own paths with help from all around them
We have Fun:
- We know what we do is important and we have a strong sense of responsibility for the work we do.
- But we also know that you need to balance seriousness with fun. If you can make people smile you will be off to a great start!
These are some of the profiles we currently have on the team:
We’re always looking for people who are passionate about using their creativity and skills to make a difference in people’s lives, the environment and help make the world a better place. We’re excited to grow our team with curious, empathetic and honest people with whom we can learn and develop professionally and personally together.
These are some of the skills and experiences we value in our team:
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Passionate about learning and sharing. It’s fundamental that you bring a continuous learning mindset and a “Can Do” attitude as we are always embarking on new projects.
- Interest in solving environmental and social issues.
Compensation, Benefits & Growth “This is what you get when you join Vizzuality”
Our compensation and benefits are part of a great career opportunity with the potential for you to grow and work in something with a massive transformational purpose. So if you really care about the real-world impact of your work and are inspired by our mission to transform the world, we can offer you:
1. Compensation & Benefits:
- We will offer a competitive salary depending on your experience.
- A yearly bonus up to 10% of the salary depending on the company's performance and your own.
- If you are based in our Madrid or Porto office, you will get Health & Dental Insurance subsidized by the company.
- 22 Holiday Days + 1 Day for your birthday
- Mental health support via Spill, our third-party provider, to connect you with qualified counsellors and curated resources.
2. Work and Personal Life Integration:
- We have a remote-friendly culture with teammates located across four countries and 10 cities. We run all our meetings online, and create opportunities for the online experience to be better every day.
- We offer a flexible work environment and flexible hours, and as long as you do what you have to do, meet your objectives and coordinate accordingly with your team, we are not so worried if you work at the office, in a coffee shop, on your sofa at home, or at the beach
3. Learning and working in new and interesting things is fun so we offer many opportunities to do so:
- You will get annually a training allowance of 1300 Eur so you can spend learning cool things (ie. courses, conferences, workshops, books, etc.)
- Get your hands-on cool technology and applications to do your work, communicate, and build great things
- You will work alongside a talented team of engineers, designers, and scientists with multiple backgrounds and skills
- Peer mentoring
- You will have the freedom to design a career path that suits your interests and growth needs.
- Support for giving talks and contributing to open source projects/initiatives that align with Vizzuality
Thank you for your interest in employment with Vizzuality
Vizzuality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.